1. Plug out the 23-pin plug-in from your Harley-Davidson stock stereo and plug it in the Aquatic AV stereo. The 23-pin holds the wires for the front speakers and the handlebar controls.
2. Harley-Davidson stock stereo has second harness: 35-pin plug-in. Our stereo does not use that 35-pin plug-in. This plug-in will stay away. The 35-pin holds the wires for the intercom system and CB radio.
3. Ensure that the unit is supported and secured on the sides using the existing 4 factory screws; failure to do so may allow the unit to move during while riding, causing damage to the mounting area.
4. Apply the face plate firmly to the unit.
5. Power on the bike.
6. The stereo will power on, as well. If it doesn't, click the volume knob. The volume knob is the power on button. Click once the volume knob and it will power on the stereo. Click and hold the volume knob and it will power off the stereo.
Rear Speakers Installation:
Contained in the manual bag (included with your stereo), there is a small 4-pin connector. This 4-pin connector is meant to be wired to your rear speaker lines and plugged into the corresponding plug on the back of our stereo.
External Amplifier Installation:
1. The amplifier must have RCA cables to connect to our stereo. If the amplifier does not have RCA cables, then it cannot connect to our stereo. Replace your amplifier with aftermarket amplifier that has RCA cables.
2. Always use amplifier mounting bracket and allow at least 1" distance between the amplifier and the stereo. This way the cooling will prevent the heat damage of the stereo. Normal operational temperature of the amplifier: 170°F.
3. If there is an amplifier put directly on top of the stereo, it will void the warranty.
With the Stereo Please:
1. Locate the following 4 RCA cables: Rear and Front line output.
2. Locate the blue remote trigger wire.
With the amplifier:
1. Locate the extra harness that came with amplifier.
2. Locate your RCA input.
3. Locate your Speaker wire output (Gray/Black, Gray, White/Black, White) .
4. Take note that Gray set of speaker wire are your right side and White set of speaker wire are your left side.
5. Locate your power and ground wire.
1. Connect your right speaker to the amplifier's gray set of wire (Solid gray is your positive, and gray/black is your negative).
2. Connect your left speaker to the amplifier's white set of wires (Solid white is your positive, and white/black is your negative).
3. Connect the Input RCA from the amplifier to one of the output RCA from the unit (can be either front line output or rear line output, depend on where you want the amplifier to be).
4. Connect the blue remote trigger wire from the stereo to the amplifier's blue wire.
5. Connect the ground and power wire from the amplifier to your battery.
Sirius XM Installation:
If you want to use the Sirius XM option, purchase kit SXV300. This kit has antenna and tuner. Available for purchase from Sirius XM web site. Model SXV300V1 and model SXV300V2 are compatible with the stereo.
1. Plug in the Sirius XM antenna to the Sirius XM tuner.
2. Plug in the tuner to the stereo's black cable "Din SiriusXM".
3. The SiriusXM Radio ID is required for activation and can be found by tuning to Channel 0 as well as on the label found on the SiriusXM-Connect Vehicle tuner and its’ packaging.
4. The Radio ID does not include the letters I,O,S or F.
5. After installing your SiriusXM-Connect Vehicle Tuner and antenna, power on the Media Player, press the MODE button and select SiriusXM mode.
6. You should be able to hear the SiriusXM preview channel on Channel 1. If you cannot hear the preview channels, please check the installation instructions to make sure your SiriusXM-Connect tuner is properly installed.
7. After you can hear the Preview channel, tune to Channel 0 to find the Radio ID of your tuner.
Connect Device to the 12 V DC Trigger:
Before you connect any device, check the specification (V and A) of the device. Check the amperage the device needs.
The stereo's 12V DC trigger will give max draw 350mA and 12 V DC.
RCA Audio In L and Audio R Cables:
Those cables are in use when you want to connect an external music source to the unit.